Main Campus, Winterville, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Have previously taken the intended course and received an “A” or “B”
- Be able to attend all lectures in the assigned course and section
- Recommendation from a Faculty member
- MAT 121 51IN
- MAT 171 02BL
- BUS 121 01 BL
- NET-125 01 HY
- BIO 163-04BL
- BIO 168-12IN
See Minimum Qualifications
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a peer led academic assistance program meant to improve students’ academic performance and increase retention. SI leaders conduct workshops that allow students to improve their understanding of class material in a peer to peer learning environment. The SI Leader will take thorough notes and participate as a student within the course while serving as a supplemental resource for students.
Additionally, the SI Leader will plan and use a variety of teaching and learning methods to provide students with one weekly group session outside of scheduled class periods. This position reports to the Tutorial & Academic Success Center (TASC) Tutor Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend all assigned course lectures, take notes, read material and act as a model student
- Plan and facilitate one SI session each week
- Present collaborative learning strategies and activities to create an active learning environment for student participants.
- Maintain and submit regular and accurate attendance records, timesheets, assessments, and other records of SI sessions using relevant forms.
- Foster and maintain professional communication with the assigned course’s instructor
- Attend required training sessions and meetings as required by the Center coordinators and director.
- Actively recruit participants for SI sessions.
- Additional duties as assigned