Closes: Sunday, December 16, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Customer Service Requirements:
- Friendly and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to provide technical support with a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate patience and persistence with helping difficult or emotional students, as well as students who have little or no computer skills.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
See minimum qualifications
The Business Division Computer Lab Assistant provides general computing assistance and maintains a clean quiet work area for students. The Computer Lab Assistant is expected to assist students in the use of computer software, myPittCC, Moodle, and wireless login issues.
Specific duties for the Computer Lab Assistant include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility is to provide PCC student support and excellent customer service.
- Be present and visible in the lab (RLH 112) and available to PCC students requiring computer technical assistance.
- Maintain reasonable discipline and decorum in the lab.
- Make sure the lab environment is conducive to learning.
- Immediately report disorderly behavior to Billie Woolard, supervisor, and the Business Division Dean.
- Immediately report violations of the PCC Computer Acceptable Use policy to supervisor.
- Report technical support issues to supervisor.
- Maintain a record of computer lab users and verify that users are currently enrolled PCC students.
- Keep a continuous record of PCC student usage in the lab for data collection.
- Refer students to their instructor for course related questions or issues.
- The Computer Lab Assistant is expected to familiarize him/herself with all software and hardware used in the computer lab.
- Keep a record of software requests and recurring technical issues.
- Ensure computers are ready for use and restock paper and toner in the printer.
- Other duties as assigned within the context of lab maintenance/assistance.