Main Campus, Smithfield, NC
Closes: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree
Experience Minimum: One to three years of experience in an athletics work setting
Experience Preferred: One to three years of experience in a Higher Educational athletics work setting
The Athletics Operations Coordinator will provide day-to-day oversight of the scheduling of athletics events and travel as well as assistance to the Athletics department with coordination of recruiting, practice, compliance, and other administrative matters as assigned by the Athletics Director.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Work with coaches to schedule and maintain the athletics calendar and any special events.
- Coordinate all aspects of team travel, including transportation, lodging, and meals.
- Assist the athletics director and coaches with operating and scholarship budgets.
- Assist with the coordination of recruiting visits in compliance with NJCAA.
- Assist with the coordination of practice and game athletic facilities.
- Supervise and schedule part time game day staff.
- Assist with academic and admissions coordination
- Monitor for NJCAA rules compliance
- Ensure proper collection and documentation of finances.
- Ensure working knowledge of NJCAA rules, JCC college policies and procedures, and Athletics Department rules and regulations.
- Others duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises part time student workers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms; and is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact