Work Force Development Center - Clayton, NC
Closes: Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and possess creative problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
Experience Minimum: One year of relative work experience in Biotechnology Manufacturing.
Coordinates recruitment and retention of students within Bio Blend grant and acts a liaison with local biotechnology companies.
JCC is a recent recipient of a National Science Foundation Federal Grant that will assist students with employment in biotechnology companies. This position is a temporary and grant-funded until May 2022, up to approximately 20 hours per week year-round.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Build relationships with biotechnology manufacturing partners in Johnston County.
- Establish the Bio Blend Advisory Council and schedule meetings.
- Work with the faculty to support the integration between classroom learning and industry opportunities.
- Facilitate information sessions to potential students regarding Bio Blend courses.
- Instruct when possible in the areas of employability skills.
- Facilitate interviews for students at biotechnology companies.
- Recruit employers, manage student internships and conduct site visits.
- Recruit high school students in the Career and College Promise (CCP) program to enroll in Bio Blend.
- Develop recruitment materials and implement.
- Mentor students and assist in class registration.
- Serves on committees and task forces as requested.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and College Systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact