On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: One year of college in Computer Science or a closely related field and a combination of IT-related certification and experience that would make it equivalent to an Associate's degree.
Experience Minimum: One year of college in Computer Science or a closely related field and a combination of IT-related certification and experience that would make it equivalent to an Associate's degree.
Provides first-level computer-user support although not limited from working at other levels of the technology support model as needed. Tasks involve installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the College's wired and wireless infrastructure, user computer systems and associated software, and computer peripherals such as printers. Work assignments are usually received from the Help Desk. This position is responsible for implementing, monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing issues related to services provided to clients and hardware. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to ensuring the services provided are reliable and repaired within College guidelines. Other work requests come in as projects from committees and facility expansion/update efforts where infrastructure designs require temporary modification and/or permanent alteration to accommodate growth or changes in College activity. Work week is Friday – Monday. Requires periodic travel.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform and document required daily system checks.
- Respond to user inquiries and requests for assistance with computers and associated systems.
- Repair or have repaired computers and associated equipment.
- Maintain the LAN by installing new cables and networking equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve issues with software through remote assistance.
- Deploy and maintain a working image of each faculty/staff computer and computer lab.
- Install, modify, repair, and assign campus technology equipment.
- Enters solutions into Help Desk database.
- Relocates computers and associate peripherals.
- Researches capability to implement and impact of new technology on the current technological environment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an aptitude for hardware repair, software installation and troubleshooting as well as be proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus, and the ability to distinguish color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders in order to work in ceilings and crawl under mobile units in the dirt. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact