Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate’s Degree in Therapeutic Massage, or related field with experience teaching adults. If applicant has no experience/training in teaching methods, he/she must be willing to complete continuing education in adult learning teaching methods prior to hire date.
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in related Field with experience teaching adult learners.
Experience Minimum: Licensed under the NC Practice Act for at least two years, with two years of working experience as a Licensed Massage Therapist in a private practice or spa setting.
Experience Preferred: NC LMBT licensed 2 years with at least 2 years working experience and experience teaching adult learners.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide quality instruction in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings and to assume responsibilities designed to enhance the programs at Johnston Community College. The categories listed below constitute the expectations for the Part-Time faculty member. These responsibilities will be assessed by using student evaluations and classroom observations by the supervisor.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide instruction which demonstrates knowledge of the subject matter and shows evidence of careful planning in the institutional format.
- Participate in the development and revision of classroom materials – syllabi, tests, quizzes, and handouts.
- Conduct classes in accordance with local and state curriculum guidelines.
- Maintain prompt and accurate student records pertaining to attendance, health and academic achievement and student data including census and grade reports.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the College and affiliating health agencies and comply with all requirements of affiliating health agencies.
- Maintain program equipment and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Utilize active learning methods and use a variety of instructional strategies designed to assist the learner in meeting the objectives of the course.
- Be supportive of students' learning goals by: focusing on student learning outcomes, considering the needs and abilities of the students, becoming familiar with academic and social support, making reasonable provisions to accommodate individual differences, maintaining the academic integrity of the college, and making himself/herself available to assist student in achieving their learning goals.
- Be aware of and recommends campus services to students as needed. These include JCC Website, library services, Tutoring, Counseling, Financial Aid, Disability Services, etc.
- Follow appropriate procedures for missing a class by notifying the supervisor or the supervisor's designee and providing an alternate assignment.
- Consistently demonstrate: motivation and productive work habits; a commitment to excellence as expressed in the College mission, vision and values; a positive, cooperative and supportive attitude toward others; appropriate dress and grooming; commitment to learning by adhering to course syllabi, program handbook, scheduled class/lab/clinical time; punctuality; and reliability when performing assigned tasks.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear, to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact