Main Campus, Smithfield, NC 27577
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience Minimum: Three (3) years of driving and one (1) year as driver trainer or graduate from North Carolina Truck Driver Training School.
Experience Preferred: Five (5) years of driving and two (2) years as driver trainer and graduate of North Carolina Truck Driver Training School.
Under general supervision of the Department Chair, the TDT Instructor will supervise and train students in proper driving techniques and administer commercial driver's license (CDL) testing as a third party examiner for the State of North Carolina. The Instructor will perform mainly instructional work; teaching classes, instructing students in school equipment, preparing class schedules, counseling and advising students, other duties as needed and required. This position requires flexibility working nights and weekends on a regular basis. Instructor will be based in Smithfield, N.C.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees day-to-day operation of class.
- Registers and orients new students.
- Teaches classes; counsels and advises students.
- Inventories equipment and schedules maintenance for all equipment assigned to the class.
- Maintains all class records.
- Acts as Third Party Examiner for CDL.
- Be a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the TDT Program and College.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Learn methods and techniques related to training of students
- Work with and train students from varying backgrounds and cultures
- Train students using the methods and techniques prescribed by the TDT Program
- Follow the chain of command as it pertains to department structure
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Good communication skills with proper "diction" and "pronunciation" of English. Bilingual – Spanish is preferred.
Mathematical Skills: General
Reasoning Ability: General
Computer Skills: General
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact