Main Campus, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Welding Diploma or Equivalent Certifications and Experience
Education Preferred: Associate Degree in Welding Technology
Experience Minimum: Three to five years in the welding field
Experience Preferred: Five to 10 years in the welding field, along with AWS certifications; CWE and CWI credentials a plus.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to instruct in the Welding Technology curriculum. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; evaluating work; and counseling and advising students. Perform related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches classes: instruct students on the use of shop equipment.
- Supervises work experience activities; evaluates students' work.
- Maintains shop equipment; machine repairs and general maintenance.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; Administrators and responds to annual evaluation report.
- Averages grades and prepares student grade reports.
- Counsels and advises students.
- Recruits new students for programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact