Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
Closes: Friday, October 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Background: Minimum 21 years of age; no misdemeanor convictions within the past 5 years; no felony convictions; no motor vehicle moving violations within the past year and no alcohol-related conviction within the past 5 years; ability to pass a drug screening; valid North Carolina Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: ability and willingness to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays; strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency with computer; ability to maintain reliable means of transportation and communication.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous security, law enforcement, or other related experience. Also prefer current CPR certification.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all students, employees, and visitors of Alamance Community College, as well as protecting the college's facilities and assets.
Example of Duties
- Conduct routine patrols of campus
- Respond to and investigate incidents on campus to include:
- violations of policy and procedure, violations of criminal law, and medical emergencies
- Provide motorist assistance: unlocking and jump-starting vehicles, responding to vehicle crashes
- Document incidents and daily activities
- Document and report safety violations
- Provide for opening and closing of facility
- Assist with special events
- Engage campus community to foster a professional relationship in order to promote a safe and secure learning environment
- Other duties as required
Physical Ability: Tasks require the ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-20 pounds).
Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, odor, depth, texture, and visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
Environmental Factors: Performance of essential functions may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, humidity, rain, temperature extremes, traffic hazards, violence, disease, or pathogenic substances.