Closes: Saturday, October 24, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates Degree in Graphic Design, or a related field
- Minimum of three-years relevant work experience
– Background and/or past work experience to understand art, design, and a variety of other elements such as layout, color theory, typography, and strong attention to detail
– Ability to use multi-media and various complex computer programs to achieve desired final project
– Communication skills to convey thoughts and ideas, and the ability to openly discuss projects with customers
– Creativity to develop new designs and ways of completing different job requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or a related field
- Five plus years of relevant work experience
The Publications Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Communications, and oversees the design and production of college publications and all functions of the Printshop. Publications Coordinator creates and distributes publications for VGCC and reports directly to the Director of Communications, and oversees the design and production of college publications and all functions of the Print shop. Serves as key contact person and coordinator for assigned publication(s). This position may involve assistance in printing of materials, managing electronic job portal; maintaining paper and printing supply inventories by placing fulfillment request (via E-Procurement).
▪ Proficiency to work in a fast-paced environment, possess time-management skills in
▪ Maintain multiple projects and deadlines with the ability to work well under pressure
▪ Strong communication skills and problem-solving skills
▪ Excellent customer service skills and the ability to conduct one’s self with a high level of
▪ Display a cooperative and collaborative attitude and work within a team environment
Ensure the College brand is accurately represented
▪ Manages electronic job portal, determining which requests are design jobs vs. straight
print production jobs.
▪ Prepares for emailing, monthly billing/invoicing as necessary to Prison Programs; Early
College High Schools; Grants; Clubs.
▪ Develops and implements procedures and practices to maintain organized, clean, tidy,
productive, and safe work areas in paper room and in Print shop production area.
Job Duties specific to the department:
▪ Assigns publication jobs to be produced by self, Publications Specialist
▪ Assigns printing and photocopying jobs to be produced by Printshop Manager
▪ Assigns and assist with photocopying jobs to be produced by Printshop staff.
▪ Supervises organization of Printshop and paper room
▪ Supervises and assist with the organization of the Printshop and paper room when
▪ Collaborates with Publications Specialist towards developing publication and printing
▪ Maintain job requests and workflow to ensure deadlines are met
▪ Maintains communication with paper and equipment vendors concerning pricing or
costs as needed for supplies when questions arise.
▪ Develop and produce designs for college publications that include, but not limited to:
ARCHES; eFunds golf tournament; business cards; annual President’s Report to the
Community; special print projects; tray liners, business cards; fliers, posters, booklets,
certificates; diplomas; invitations; envelopes; presentation folders; newsletters;
letterhead; banners; t-shirts; event programs; booklet covers
▪ Communicates and works closely with college administration, faculty & staff to meet
their needs regarding publication design, photocopying and printing
▪ Adheres to the college’s policy on advertising and publications as put forth in the
▪ Administrative Policy & Procedures Manual
▪ Assist with emailing, monthly billing/invoicing as necessary to Prison Programs; Early
College High Schools; Grants; Clubs.
▪ Assists Printshop Manager with Power quote bill-back software as needed
▪ Orders and maintains inventory of paper for use at all campuses
▪ Processes all E-procurement ordering for Printshop
▪ Assist with development and implementation of procedures and practices to maintain
an organized print shop production area.
▪ Manages distribution of proofs to publication’s requester, their immediate supervisor,
appropriate vice-president, to obtain approvals for processing job requests
▪ Presents publications to Director of Communications for final review and approval
▪ Performs other duties as requested and assigned by the Director of Communications
How to Apply
Job Post Contact