Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, October 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field;
2. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent experience in procurement, contract management, or related field;
3. Must have experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
1. Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field;
2. Experience using the NC eProcurement system.
3. Experience using Colleague;
4. Work experience in a higher education institution or other public procurement organization;
5. Professional procurement certification such as CPPB;
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
An employee in this position will be responsible for interpreting and administering state rules and regulations governing the procurement of goods and services to determine the best pricing, most expedient delivery method, and the highest level of suitability of needs in the manner that is compliant with state rules and regulations.
1. Processes requisitions on a daily basis as they are received, reviewing for compliance with purchasing policies and procedures of both the College and the NC Division of Purchase and Contract.
2. Compiles and refines specifications for solicitations and executes bidding processes according to local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines. Assures integrity in all aspects of the solicitation process.
3. Develops and executes the strategic sourcing methodology for high-value, complex requisitions, collaborating with NC Division of Purchase and Contract or NC Department of IT and end-users as necessary.
4. Serves as system administrator for NCID and NC eProcurement including set up, maintenance, user training, and troubleshooting of issues.
5. Assists with developing and conducting training for faculty and staff on procurement process functions, both one-on-one and groups, and advises end users on questions regarding the submission of requisitions or sourcing commodities.
6. Maintains vendor files and correspond with vendors on matters including, but not limited to: registering with NC eProcurement, obtaining W-9’s, completing credit applications, and resolving account issues.
7. Prepares, submits, and maintains documentation for reports to external agencies, including but not limited to Historically Underutilized Businesses spend and purchasing flexibility.
8. Provides quality customer service to faculty, staff, vendors, and external agencies.
9. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
10. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.