Closes: Sunday, April 12, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field, and 2 years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow-through in coordinating tecnical projects and supporting multiple individuals.
• Must be flexible, service and team-oriented, and possess good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently while multi-tasking, problem solving, and prioritizing work in a face-paced environment.
• Strong knowledge of Community College and State Government operations, as well as previous experience with using E-Procurement and Datatel (Colleague) software programs.
Under general supervision, an employee in this dual role position will (1) oversee the procurement of goods and services in accordance with the guidelines issued by the state Division of Purchasing and Contracts, and (2) provide administrative and clerical support to the Vice President of Finance and Operations, assisting in the daily operations of the Division. Duties related to this position primarily focus on (1) the interpreting and administering of local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines governing procurement activities for the College, and (2) the coordination and performance of highly technical administrative duties related to the general operations of the Vice President of Finance and Operation’s office. Duties assigned may vary according to the specific needs of the Division and/or allocation of workload. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
• Interprets and administers local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines governing procurement activities for the College.
• Writes specifications for the creation of public solicitations for goods and services.
• Executes bidding processes according to local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
• Evaluates bidders and serves as a liaison between the College and bidders.
• Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the state of North Carolina.
• Reviews and processes requisitions for accuracy to ensure orders are compliant with the purchasing policies and procedures of both the College and the NC Division of Purchase and Contract.
• Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Posts, tabulates, and awards bid solicitations in the NC Interactive Purchasing System (IPS).
• Generates and prints purchase orders for all purchase requisitions to complete the approval process.
• Creates new vendors in Datatel, and collects W-9’s when necessary.
• Locates and opens E-Procurement vendor files for direct pay invoices.
• Serves as Administrator of the E-Procurement System, including set up, maintenance, approval flow, user training, order review, and troubleshooting of issues.
• Serves as Administrator of the college-wide Procurement Card Program, including set up, maintenance, approval flow, user training, transaction review, and troubleshooting of issues.
• Maintains updated Purchasing procedures, including training employees on purchasing regulations, and conferring with College departments to solve technical problems pertaining to purchasing and contracts.
• Maintains procurement and contract records and files as required, including the documenting and submitting of the annual purchasing flexibility report, as well as the quality assurance inspection reports for equipment.
• Prepares and submits quarterly HUB Report for goods and services to the Office for Historically Underutilized Businesses.
• Oversees and maintains the college-wide Copier Fleet Program.
• Oversees and maintains the college-wide Insurance Programs, including acting as a liaison between the College and Insurance Companies in the processing of insurance claims.
• Serves as the Administrator for NCID and the college-wide WEX Gas Card Program.
• Completes all credit applications for the College as needed.
• Assists the Vice President of Finance and Operations in planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and executing the administrative functions of the Finance and Operations Division.
• Performs technical, confidential, and sensitive administrative duties including independently responding to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
• Reviews, monitors and submits monthly timesheets and leave forms pertaining to the Vice President’s direct reports.
• Supervises the Receptionist/Switchboard Operator position, including assisting with the Central Mailroom as needed, and setting up the switchboard operator schedule to ensure continuity of service in the absence of the Receptionist/Switchboard Operator.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including projects and committee work.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact