Closes: Monday, January 17, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Office Administration, or related degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required kinds and number years of work experience:
- At least two years in an office setting, purchasing, or customer service.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent computer skills using Gmail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, NC E-Procurement System & Datatel with ability to quickly learn other computer programs as necessary.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Great customer service skills required.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Purchasing-Buyer performs a variety of technical duties in support of the purchasing department.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Enter purchase requisitions into E-Procurement and complete purchase orders in Datatel.
- Process updates to Purchase Orders in Datatel to enable Receiving and AP payment of invoices.
- Process Etrieve requisitions and submit documents to Etrieve
- Facilitates the ordering process for new employee or student nametags.
- Set up new users in E-procurement and make necessary system changes in Datatel to correspond to E-procurement changes.
- Set up new users in NCID and assist with password issues.
- Train and assist end-users on E-Procurement System.
- Train and assist end-users on Etrieve requisitions.
- Physical equipment inventory; maintain equipment database and yearly tracking and reporting.
- Distribution of ingoing and outgoing department mail.
- Performs routine system back-up duties.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support college activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies. Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the college.