Old Charlotte Highway Campus, Monroe, NC
Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Self-starter with exceptional organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or a related business field
- 2-3 years’ experience in a business office setting with experience in processing invoices, vendor communications, and order follow-up
- Accounts Receivable experience
The Purchasing/Cashier Technician is a full-time position located primarily on the Old Charlotte Highway Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Director of Purchasing and Equipment and the Accounts Receivable Coordinator, the Purchasing/Cashier Technician is responsible for cashier functions of the OCH business office as well as assisting in the purchasing, receiving, and inventory functions of the college.
- Manage returns, exchanges, and/or create labels for warranty items and repairs.
- Key in data for purchase order requisitions and maintain computerized vendor files.
- Assist with equipment inventory on both the OCH and Tyson Center campuses, including annual inventory reporting to NCCCS.
- Assist with scheduling state vehicles for SPCC employees on the OCH campus.
- Receive and process deliveries to the OCH campus, including UPS, FedEx, FSI, and other freight carriers.
- Ability to lift packages up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Expedite deliveries to the appropriate person or department.
- Consult vendors concerning shipping dates, prices, and problems with orders as needed.
- Maintain contact with snack and drink vendors to ensure quality service. Also responsible for refunding students for lost monies in vending machines and maintaining refund log.
- Interact with all departments of the college.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail for the OCH campus.
- Greet persons coming to the OCH business office and channel to appropriate areas for information and assistance.
- Maintain cashier window for students and receipts all monies received to OCH campus.
- Close out daily CRSC (daily deposit) as needed.
- Maintain file system to ensure timely processing of purchase orders and invoices.
- Identify and follow-up on any outstanding purchase orders over one month old.
- Responsible for maintaining Open Purchase Order Report and closing all purchase orders for fiscal year end. Be able to explain any remaining open purchase orders at year end.
- Duties may include periodic travel between SPCC campuses and throughout the state for meetings, conferences, and training sessions.
- Cross train in LLP Purchasing Technician job duties in order to act as back up in absence of this employee, to include NC Eprocurement order processing functions.