Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Hold, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree.
Knowledge and Skills
Must have a minimum of two years’ experience as a Registered Radiologic Technologist; experience at Level I and/or II trauma center in ER and OR preferred.
Documents a minimum of one years’ experience as an instructor (clinical and/or didactic) in a JRCERT-accredited radiography program. Is proficient in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising. Formal teacher training/experience is recommended. Holds an active BLS (AHA Healthcare Provider) certification card.
Maximum weight for lifting is 50 lbs.; Estimated weight for carrying is 25 lbs.; be able to walk or stand for extensive periods either in the classroom or clinical setting. Ability to meet the essential cognitive, sensory, affective and psychomotor performance requirements and functions of the position.
Hold American Registry of Radiologic Technologists current certification and registration or equivalent, in radiography.
Working Conditions and Environment
Ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. Limited travel within service area. Overnight travel for clinical and professional meetings may be required.
Ability to operate the various radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging equipment used in the radiography energized lab or clinical education setting
*See Minimum Qualifications Above
Carteret Community College (Morehead City, NC) is accepting applications for a full-time Radiography, Clinical Coordinator. Applications will be accepted through October 20th, 2021. This is a benefit-eligible, full-time 12-month position.
Your complete application must include a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your unofficial college transcripts. If more than one transcript, scan together and attach as one document.
Minimum Salary: $53,832
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and previous experience.
The Radiography, Clinical Coordinator will provide organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the radiography program. Instructs students in radiography courses both in the classroom and clinical setting and performs related administrative and record keeping duties. Supports the program chair to help assure effective program operation.
Teaching and Learning:
- Correlates clinical education with didactic education
- Directs and coordinates all activities relative to clinical practice including coordinating the use of clinical facilities; planning schedules for clinical rotations; conducting clinical orientation sessions; implementing clinical policies; providing support of clinical instructors; directing and overseeing the efficient completion of all clinical forms; and developing and upgrading clinical objectives. Participates in the assessment process to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical education and the program.
- Is competent in the implementation and use of the clinical competency tracking system and clinical compliance tracking system
- Conduct a clinical instructor meeting prior to the beginning of each semester and conduct clinical instructor workshops on an as needed basis
- Make recommendations to the department chair for clinical instructor appointments
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department chair and approved by the division dean
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful and stays current on technology changes that impact the clinical education
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies, ARRT required competencies, and ASRT curriculum
- Maintain current knowledge of the JRCERT Standards and incorporate the standards into the clinical curriculum
- Request supplies and materials for labs, supervise and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed
- Fulfill the duties of clinical, lab or classroom instructor in supervision of students as applicable
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, office hours and posted office hours, etc.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, outcomes, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary
- Make recommendations to department chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise
- Maintains current knowledge of program policies, procedures and student progress
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise
- Provide assistance to advisees
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees
- Follow up on all assigned advisees
- Attend training sessions relative to advising
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the department chair and the division dean and maintains current knowledge of the discipline and educational methodologies through participation in continuing professional development.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position
- Demonstrate professional growth and development by attending professional seminars/workshops/conferences with students
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings
- Serve on committees as required
- Participate in college-wide activities
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557