Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 16, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Bachelor's Degree, Radiologic Sciences; B.S. in Radiologic Imaging preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have a minimum of two years experience as a Registered Radiologic Technologist;
- Experience at Level I and/or II trauma center in ER and OR preferred.
- Document a minimum of one year’s experience as an instructor (clinical or didactic) in a JRCERT accredited radiography program is preferred.
- Proficient in course development, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising.
- Formal teacher training/experience is recommended.
- Holds an active AHA Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (CPR and AED) completion card
Physical Demands: Maximum weight for lifting is 50 lbs.; estimated weight for carrying is 25 lbs.; be able to walk or stand for extensive periods either in the classroom or clinical setting. Ability to meet the essential cognitive, sensory, affective and psychomotor performance requirements and functions of the position.
Equipment Operation: Ability to operate the various radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging equipment used in the radiography energized lab or clinical education setting.
Licensing Requirement: Hold current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and registration or equivalent, in radiography. Certification in an advanced modality preferred.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Radiography Instructor to join our dynamic team. As a Radiography Instructor, you will play a vital role in shaping the future of our students in the field of radiologic technology. If you are passionate about education and possess the expertise to train the next generation of radiographers, we encourage you to apply. This is a full-time (10-month with annual appointments) benefit eligible position. Benefits include PENSION, low cost ($25) employee health insurance, paid leave, paid holidays. Apply online at www.carteret.edu/jobs
Applications will be accepted through October 16, 2023
Anticipated start date: January 1, 2024
Applicants must attach to their application a copy of unofficial transcripts documenting the minimum education requirement. If hired, official transcripts are required prior to the first day of employment.
The Radiography Instructor will provide organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of all educational experiences for students enrolled in the radiography program. Instructs students in radiography courses both in the classroom and clinical setting and performs related administrative duties, including but not limited to, maintenance of clinical tracking and clinical compliance requirements of students. Supports the Program Chair to ensure effective program operation by participating in assessment and accreditation processes.
Essential Duties include:
Teaching and Learning:
- Maintaining current knowledge of program mission, goals and monitoring and enforcing program policies and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the program chair and approved by the Dean of Health Sciences.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful and stay current on technology changes that impact the curriculum and clinical education.
- Preparing and maintaining course outlines and objectives, instructing, and evaluating student progress.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Adhere to departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies, ARRT-required competencies, and ASRT curriculum.
- Maintain current knowledge of the JRCERT Standards and incorporate the standards into the program curriculum.
- Request supplies and materials for labs, supervise and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
- Participating in the accreditation and assessment process.
- Understanding the clinical objectives and clinical evaluation system and evaluating students’ clinical competence;
- Participating in the accreditation and assessment process.
- Supporting the program director to assure effective program operations.
- Participating in periodic review and revision of course materials.
- Maintaining current knowledge of professional discipline.
- Maintaining appropriate expertise and competence through continuing professional development.
- Fulfill the duties of clinical, lab or classroom instructor in the instruction and supervision of students.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, office hours, and ARRT competency documentation.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable.
- Maintain, review, and update course syllabi, course descriptions, student learning outcomes, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to program chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Maintains current knowledge of program policies, procedures and student progress.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the program chair and the Dean of Health Sciences and maintains current knowledge of the discipline and educational methodologies through participation in continuing professional development.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for the position.
- Demonstrate professional growth and development by attending professional seminars/workshops/conferences/meetings.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities, including graduation and pinning ceremonies.
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
- Assist with planning and participating in assessment committee meetings, advisory committee meetings, and clinical preceptor meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Ability to accomodate a flexible work schedule is required, including limited travel within our service area. Overnight travel for clinical and professional meetings may be required.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional upon a successful background check.
Carteret Community College serves and empowers our students and coastal community by providing high-quality education, workforce training, and lifelong enrichment in an innovative and inclusive learning environment.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557