Closes: Monday, January 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)RT Certification
• (ARRT)RT current registration
• Minimum of five years experience in the discipline required and 3 years of post-secondary teaching experience.
• 5 years of post-secondary teaching experience.
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Experience with the completion of self-study and interim reports for the JRCERT.
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
• Experience providing didactic and clinical supervision.
Under the supervision of the appropriate Academic/Campus Dean, the program head is responsible for course content and syllabi for all assigned courses. Each program head/instructor will provide effective instruction in all classes by implementing active learning strategies and focusing on student learning outcomes. The program head/instructor must work in compliance with the JRCERT and ARRT guidelines and must maintain an eight year program accreditation. The program head is responsible for the budget of the program. In addition, the program head is responsible for the relationship for the clinical affiliations of the program.
At all times, instructional personnel should be aware of the need to continue the personal and professional growth necessary in the performance of a faculty member’s duties.
• Collaborate with Academic Dean regarding course assignments per semester.
• Create and maintain course documents such as syllabi, objectives, tests, etc. The course syllabi must be submitted for review to the Academic Dean each semester.
• Conduct class, lab, and clinical according to established meeting patterns.
• Notify Academic and Campus Dean of any changes to the class, lab, and/or clinical days and/or times.
• Update Moodle course page to use in the course prior to the start of the semester.
• Update and maintain the webpage for public information.
• Communicate with students via Moodle as appropriate per course design (enhanced, hybrid or online).
• Provide feedback to students via face-to-face and AVIZO regarding course progression.
• Record attendance and grades via WebAdvisor in accordance with semester deadlines.
• Inform the Academic Dean of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, plagiarism) as soon as possible.
• Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results to make improvements to the course/program.
• Maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, academic progress, student grading systems, etc.
• Recommend adoption or discontinuance of textbooks and/or other instructional supplies and equipment to the faculty and Academic Dean.
• Recommend new books, magazines, materials, and equipment for use in the LRC to faculty and Academic Dean (as appropriate).
• Create appropriate course documents, such as syllabi, objectives, tests, lesson plans, etc. to be reviewed.
• Maintain a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences. These hours may be extended at the discretion of the Academic Dean during registration.
• Regularly participate as a member of assigned institutional committees and attend scheduled program/department meetings.
• Serve as a faculty advisor for assigned students in matters pertaining to an advisee’s academic progress, scheduling, and related matters.
• Engages in personal and professional development as it relates to the growth of the program and the college.
• Performs community service activities. Participates in student recruitment efforts as directed.
• Experiments with new, innovative teaching and learning techniques.
• Work in collaboration with the faculty to write strategies to promote program growth.
• Obtains and maintains certification in online delivery systems as required by the college.
• Demonstrates proficiency in technology required by academic program area and in administrative processes as required by the college.
• College-wide collaboration to support innovative initiatives across all schools.
• Evaluate the RAD courses, including but not limited to, course completion, program retention, registry pass rates, and job placement.
• Work with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff to promote an inclusive, culturally responsive, and equitable environment.
• Assumes other duties as assigned by the Academic Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact