Receptionist (Information Desk)
Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
Closes: Friday, May 5, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma with 2 years of experience
- Associate Degree
Responsible for serving as the initial contact and representative of Brunswick Community College. Responsible for all inquiries by providing accurate information and directing individuals to correct locations and/or departments in an efficient manner. Must be cordial, cooperative, and neat in appearance at all times. Responsible for operating the College’s multi-line phone and email system. The position is also responsible for maintaining a current listing of employees, phone extensions and office locations. This is a part-time position Monday – Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer all incoming calls, answer general questions, and transfer calls to the appropriate person.
- Greet and direct visitors to the appropriate office, classroom, or department.
- Maintain up-to-date information.
- Be familiar with all telephone applications.
- Maintain a current knowledge of campus, special events, and building locations.
- Serve as the center of campus information for students, visitors, faculty and staff.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of employees and phone extensions.
- Communicate with appropriate administrators and the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office when emergencies occur.
- Review Continuing Education / Workforce Development class schedules, Odell Williamson Auditorium Events, recruitment events, and Fitness Center activities in order to help direct visitors and students.
- Submit timesheets to supervisors each month.
- Update campus telephone directory.
- Assist supervisors with memos, requisitions, and administrative support tasks.
- Document requests and concerns related to campus vending machines.
- Follow protocols for emergency situations.
- High School Diploma with 2 years of experience.
- Associate Degree
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, unofficial transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at http://www.brunswickcc.edu/employment-opportunities/ Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following if unable to apply online:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer