Flat Rock, NC
Closes: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The Receptionist serves as the first contact for visitors to the Division for Student Services and the campus and answers the college Switchboard.
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our Staff and Faculty to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
What You'll be Doing
Greet visitors to the One Stop (Student Services), answer general questions about the College, and direct them to other staff members, as appropriate.
- Answer, screen and process calls to the college.
- Keep an adequate supply of admissions materials available at the reception desk and admissions area for students and/or visitors.
- Maintain a close working relationship with admissions staff, TCC staff, and continuing education staff in order to provide updated information to inquiries.
- Assist with admissions testing clerical support.
- Assist with the website live chat as needed
- Work on student outreach during registration periods including phone and texting strategies
- Provide the staff with clerical support, including word processing, routine mailing, and proofing, or other projects as directed.
- Compose and distribute the monthly calendar for admissions and evening coverage.
- Staff the front desk and answer the college Switchboard during assigned hours
- Ensure safety protocol for lockdown at the frontdesk
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
- Maintain the technical competencies necessary to the job function.
- Serve on College committees as appointed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
*Schedule for position: M-TH 9am - 6pm, F 8am -4:30 pm *
Associate's degree in office systems technology or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment.
Skills and the Know-How
- Proven diplomatic communication and written communication skills and a commitment to safety. Possess strong personal and professional integrity. Demonstrated proficiency using Google/Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Focus on customer service in order to provide a welcoming positive reception to our campus and division.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to courteously assist a diverse population of current/prospective students, parents, community members, and thrive in a team environment with co-workers.
- Ability to multitask to meet the demands of people in the reception area and incoming calls.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact