Receptionist/Cashier for Student Services
Richmond Community College, 600 McLean Steet, Laurinburg, NC 28352
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must possess above-average skills in keyboarding, filing, and computer operation. Computer skills to include Windows and Microsoft Office. Must demonstrate effective communication skills. Minimum of two years of previous customer service experience. Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the community college with special reference to the total fulfillment of the open-door policy. Understanding of and commitment to the mission and vision of Richmond Community College.
Minimum Education Experience:
High School diploma required.
Associate degree preferred. Associate degree in Office Administration preferred.
General Description: The Receptionist/Cashier is a full-time, twelve-month position located in Scotland County. Under the supervision of the Associate Vice President for Administrative Services, the Receptionist/Cashier will assist Student Services in providing exceptional customer service to visitors, students, and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Serve as receptionist for Student Services and the Scotland County campus.
- Greet and assist students, employees, and public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answer phone inquiries and directs calls.
- Assists students, employees, and public with locating requested information.
- Assure that resources are current and easily accessible.
- Perform required clerical duties: filing, typing, and maintaining Student Services forms.
- Schedule appointments for testing. Keeps testing schedule up to date.
- Make student identification badges and assign parking stickers.
- Print student schedules.
- Register, handle cash, credit, or check transactions with customers; issue receipts and record data.
- Balance cash drawer and reconcile with Business Office as needed.
- Perform other specific duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application andsubmit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high schooldiploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Applicationand review process can be found on the RichmondCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resumeor letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a completebackground check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Director
Richmond Community College
P O Box 1189
Hamlet NC 28379
P (910) 410-1804
F (910) 582-7028