Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, January 22, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in related field
Experience Minimum: Three to five years previous experience and/or training that includes working in a college or office setting.
Provide support for Records and Registration Department and performs a variety of complex tasks relative to student informational database. Maintains student records during and after enrollment in the college, prepares and/or assists with the preparation of statistical reports, college registration activities, assists with student records management, and data enrollment with in FERPA guidelines. Knowledge & Responsibilities:Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Interface with National Student Clearinghouse for enrollment and degree verification including troubleshoot and correcting reports.
- Assists in completion and verification of the Institutional Class Report (ICR) for auditing and institutional funding requirements.
- Prepare reports required by the NCCCS and other outside agencies. Understand, analyze and interpret student enrollment data prior to report submission.
- Collects and assists the Assistant Registrar regarding reporting data for the College, which includes local, state, and federal reporting.
- Assists with registering curriculum students during registration periods.
- Assists with troubleshooting issues with WebAdvisor/Colleague for Students, faculty, and staff.
- Automates and maintains transfer equivalencies.
- Assist and maintain Colleague processes such as Degree Audit, Waitlist, Pre-requisite Check, and Web Attendance.
- Confirms and processes graduation completion and provides graduation readiness information for students and advisors accordingly each semester.
- Maintains Diplomas On Demand software and prints degrees, diplomas, and certifications for students each semester.
- Ensures all rosters have been collected to provide accurate reporting and maintains that roster information is correct for the compliance review.
- Attends and participates in area Registrar meetings and workshops on new and upcoming procedures and software.
- Implementation and enforcement of academic policies, including frequent collaboration with other departments.
- Enforces FERPA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Important Functions in the Records and Registration Department:
- Assist in all areas of planning, prioritizing and reviewing registration services.
- Assist in the implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in Colleague software: incorporate new
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understand and interpret pertinent State Education and Administrative codes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities
- Proficient in Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and other office software.
- Ability to retrieve data from Colleague and learning management systems.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact