Closes: Monday, January 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED with 2 years of experience utilizing computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel gained through completion of formal training or on the job training and 2 years of full-time work experience (or the equivalent in part-time experience) in the field to include record keeping, customer service or database management
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
The successful candidate will accurately perform data entry of class information and instructor assignments. The individual will maintain organization and prepare documents for State audit. The work hours are Monday-Friday, 8a - 5pm.
Overview of Department
Corporate and Continuing Education serves over 43,000 students annually. Records Management employs 12 employees and supports 51 program areas within the College. Each year Records Management maintains information for over 3800 classes and 400 instructors.
The general function of the department is to process, validate and preserve documents and records for the College to satisfy accreditation, state auditing or other requirements.
Processes, validates and preserves documents/records for the department to satisfy accreditation, state auditing, regulatory or other requirements.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reviews and verifies documents/records for accuracy and audit readiness.
2. Modifies and maintains documents/records as assigned. Documents/records may include but not limited to course descriptions, course outlines and credential files.
3. Maintains files for documents/record to ensure easy retrieval and access. Files may include but not limited to Course Information Sheets and official correspondence with regulatory agencies.
4. Maintains databases for tracking purpose. Follow-up to ensure that required documents/records are received.
5. Maintains cumulative activity reports which may include but not limited to contract log, and end-of-semester reports. Generates execute summary reports.
6. Serves as liaison for the department with other areas of the college to gather information and resolve issues.
7. May generate instruction/development contracts or rate sheets for instructors.
8. May evaluate timesheets and invoices against hours worked and rate of pay for accuracy.
9. May prepare and distribute class packets to instructors.
10. May generate and modify Course Origination Documents.
11. May trains new personnel on departmental processes, procedures, databases and computer systems.
12. Cross trains as needed.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of computers, desktop office applications and mainframe
Access or other database skills
Good organizational, communication and customer service skills
Ability to work independently, to solve problems and work with details
Knowledge of college and departmental procedures
Have a team-player outlook
How to Apply
Job Post Contact