Mayland Community College, Spruce Pine, NC is nestled in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western NC.
Closes: Monday, January 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: Two years of current clerical / data processing experience.
In addition to Minimum Qualifications:
- Considerable working knowledge of the DATATEL/Colleague Information System.
- Working experience through NC Community College setting.
- Assists the Director of Records and Registration with all functions of student records, including a large number of special populations such as Career and College Promise participants.
- Enter and assess each CCP student application:
- Enter application-NAE, assign RISE placement/pre-requisites per state guidelines
- Identify appropriate student code based on high school-SHAP
- Identify student pathway, assign major-SACP
- Ensure students meet requirements for pathway and selected courses are in pathway.
- Assign tuition waivers, start/end dates and Null codes appropriately-RGPE
- Confirm continuing residency status –XRDS
- Assign Counselor role.
- Responsible for the successful import and review of each students’ individual data related to curriculum student applications and residency.
- Maintain user accounts for CFNC/CrossRoute for CU applications, residency files and transcripts.
- Evaluates application data, transcripts, ACT/SAT test scores for course placement.
- Enters transfer equivalencies and issues appropriate proficiency credits to student records.
- Assists with processing automated communications to student populations such as those with incomplete records, potential applicants, etc.
- Assists in managing CU waitlists to ensure the maximum number of students are enrolled each semester per class.
- Scan and index all documents to the students’ records in a timely manner. Release student records according to the Buckley Amendment.
- Manages inquiries and follow-up for all E-transcripts ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse, as well as degree verifications.
- Assists the Director of Records and Registration with required reports, not limited to Institutional Curriculum Report (ICR), Estimate FTE, Comprehensive Curriculum Student Report (formerly known as CRPFA), and XPAU (Underage Report).
- Assists in file review for FTE audits – biennial.
- Assists in processing official attendance rosters (10% forms) which are used in FTE determination. Counsel faculty on needed documentation for audit compliance.
- Assist with coordinating the curriculum graduation ceremony. Prepare graduation materials including creating diplomas, graduation programs, name cards, ordering and distributing student caps/gowns. Order all needed regalia for Board and faculty.
- Maintains awareness of new developments in Ellucian software: incorporate new developments as appropriate into daily responsibilities.
- Maintain cross-training with Director of Records and Registration to ensure a continuation of duties when there is an absence in the office. Provides coverage at Student Services window, when needed.
- Assists all other areas of the college as needed.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Mayland Community College