Closes: Monday, February 19, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree required.
- Experience in electronic data entry required.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- Knowledge of correct filing procedures.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgement in handling confidential material.
1. One year of experience in an office setting preferred.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director of Records/Registration, CU, this position is responsible for the data entry and maintenance of student curriculum academic files and curriculum graduation processes. Additional duties include providing support to the Office of Records and Registration.
- Perform secretarial/clerical support functions for Records and Registration.
- General data entry pertaining to student records, to include, but not limited to receipt of high school/college transcripts.
- Management of admissions application via College Foundation of North Carolina.
- Assist students with application process through College Foundation of North Carolina, Residency Determination Service, creation and management of admission communication to prospective and admitted students, and distribution of New Applicant Report.
- Management of e-Transcript electronic files through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Assist with student registrations and schedule adjustments, including but not limited to curriculum, Career and College Promise (CCP), and Burke Middle College (BMC) on campus and off campus classes.
- Assist with managing and creating Graduation files each curriculum semester.
- Assist with curriculum graduation ceremonies including Burke Middle College.
- Report required monthly graduation data to the North Carolina Community College System.
- Responsible for accurate withdrawal reporting and corrections to the National Student Clearinghouse to ensure compliance.
- Process grade changes, making necessary computations of permanent records via electronic data entry.
- Assist with begin and end of term processes.
- Assist with PTK inductions and maintenance of information recorded on student transcript.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Records and Registration.
No substantial physical activity required. The functions of the job are usually performed sitting, but may involve some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting up to 25 lbs., walking, carrying, reaching with hands and arms, and other movements may be required. Tasks such as working at a computer keyboard or typewriter may involve extensive wrist and hand movements. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without a significant risk of injury to themselves or others, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the essential functions listed above.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.