Located primarily on the LLP Campus in Polkton but may be assigned to any campus or location in Anson or Union Counties
Closes: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Experience working with student records
· Colleague experience
· Enthusiastic, creative, a team player and ability to work with a diverse population
· Ability to deal effectively, cooperatively and tactfully with internal and external customers
· Personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission, leadership and ability to self-start
· A demonstrative positive and proactive approach in identifying problems and creating solutions
· Willingness to accept change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives
· A commitment to and belief in mission, vision, and values of SPCC
The Records Technician/Scheduling Assistant is a full-time position located primarily on the LLP Campus in Polkton but may be assigned to any campus or location in Anson or Union Counties. Under the direction of the Registrar, the Records Technician/Scheduling Assistant provides high quality service to students and employees to achieve a high standard of excellence and innovation in support services by supporting the enrollment process, preparing student records, and assisting with the schedule entry process.
· Exhibit an uncompromising commitment to SPCC.
· Deal effectively, cooperatively, and tactfully with internal and external customers.
· Assist with entering, editing, and maintaining the curriculum and non-credit course schedule in the College’s Student Information System.
· Assist with timely and accurate processing of all schedule requests and revisions.
· Assist with proofing the curriculum and non-credit course schedule for accuracy of meeting times, census dates, start and end dates, financial information, billing information, locations, instruction method, capacity, and instructors prior to registration and before each instructional term.
· Assist with creating and maintaining reports on class schedules, student enrollment, report scheduling, and faculty schedules as needed.
· Maintain confidentiality of student records within local, state and federal guidelines.
· Maintain integrity of the institution through accountability, accuracy and ethical behavior.
· Assist with updating and maintenance of student records (i.e. general application, data entry/name changes, and address changes/telephone numbers).
· Assist with document imaging students’ records/files to include clean up and maintenance of files.
· Prepare enrollment reports.
· Conduct credit evaluations of transcripts for students.
· Monitor updates and changes regarding credit articulations.
· Provide official transcripts and enrollment verifications upon request for all students.
· Provide assistance to students to include registering/dropping/adding/withdrawing classes; refer appropriately.
· Monitor updates and changes regarding placement for registration requisites.
· Assist with Student Information System maintenance and clean-up.
· Process student withdrawals, instructor initiated withdrawals, grade changes and course substitution requests.
· Provide training and ongoing support for part-time staff.
· Assist with grade entry, mailings and/or dissemination of grades.
· Monitor degree audit reports/evaluations upon submission for graduation and course substitutions for students’ graduation.
· Assist with curriculum graduation and graduation fair(s).
· Assist with printing and mailing of student credentials.
· Provide hands-on organization and filing of records.
· Provide assistance with updating the departmental procedures manual.
· Participate in SPCC teams as requested.
· Work variable schedule if needed, including evenings and/or weekends.
· Perform other duties as assigned.