Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville NC 28801
Closes: Monday, September 18, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent recruiting or student services work experience in a higher education setting;
3. Must have work experience in planning, organizing, and implementing educational programs and services;
4. Must possess a valid driver license.
1. One year full-time or equivalent work experience in recruiting or student services in a community college setting.
2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Implements a college wide recruiting program that supports the mission, inclusion, and enrollment goals of the college, specializing in outreach to all prospective student populations and community and educational partners. Works with college constituents to create effective recruiting campaigns. Provides regular recruiting activity and outcome reports. Daily local travel required, in varying weather conditions and times of day.
1. Represents the college to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors, and other individuals, businesses, and organizations involved in the college selection process.
2. Designs, coordinates, and contributes to the success of broad student and community visitation programs, virtual and in-person special events and activities.
3. Works with Enrollment Services Department to assure easy applicant transition to the college, including providing comprehensive enrollment services to students.
4. Utilizes and implements resources, such as web sites, social media, and workshops to help students prepare for college.
5. Maintains awareness of new programs, courses, and opportunities for students and community partners.
6. Provides enrollment and liaison services to prospective, current, and returning students.
7. Utilizes recruiting technology and customer relationship management software.
8. Compiles, analyzes, and reports recruitment data in response to the strategic enrollment needs of the college, using a Customer Relationship Management tool, which documents, and tracks prospective students. Reports recruitment data to Director of Enrollment Services and Coordinator of Admissions.
9. Provides strong student advocacy as demonstrated through a positive attitude of approachability, inclusion, adaptability, problem-solving, and support of student success.
10. Represents A-B Tech through a thorough knowledge of the college’s academic programs and services.
11. Assists with New Student Orientation classes and functions as needed.
12. Organizes and conducts campus tours.
13. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
14. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.