Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent experience working in a student or client services role in a higher education, high school, or workforce development setting;
3. Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing educational programs and services;
4. Experience providing tracking and assessment to ensure quality of educational programs and services.
1. Master’s degree;
2. Two years of full-time or equivalent community college student services experience;
3. One year of full-time or equivalent community college advising experience;
4. Experience with secondary education standards in North Carolina;
5. Experience with service area public schools;
6. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Works collaboratively with coworkers and educational partners to promote and deliver a seamless educational transition process for high school students into Career and College Promise pathways and beyond. Coordinates and implements student recruitment, enrollment plans, and strategies designed to increase enrollment and success for students enrolled in dual-enrollment programs at A-B Tech. Serve as a success advocate for dual-enrolled students, assuring compliance with Administrative Code and FERPA with regard to the enrollment and supporting of dual-enrolled students under their prevue. Utilizes discretion and independent judgement to advise and register high school students into tuition-free college classes, and adhere to Administrative Code with regard to required documentation and eligibility criteria for CCP students. Actively contributes to the growth, development and activities of the College and department that promote a commitment to access and student success for a diverse student body.
1. Advises and registers all Career and College Promise students at designated high schools to completion of a certificate or expressed academic and career goal, with a focus on career guidance.
2. Assures compliance with Administrative Code with regard to FTE compliance and NCCCS system office standards with regard to the enrollment of assigned schools/ CCP students in tuition-waived college courses while in high school.
3. Identifies and participates in recruitment activities, presentations, and events.
4. Serves as the primary liaison between A-B Tech and assigned service area high schools, assuring a positive and mutually beneficial long and short-term partnership.
5. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
6. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
7. Other duties as assigned.