Closes: Sunday, December 11, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, and 2 years of related work experience
Work experience in higher education
This is a Grant Funded position.
Early childhood education is critical to a child's development and lays a strong foundation for their future success. Prepare to make a difference in people’s lives as a preschool teacher or preschool assistant teacher, child care worker, pre-K worker, or teaching assistant. Our early childhood education classes prepare you to work with children. You will learn about child growth and development, the many needs of children, and how to communicate with families.
Provides the STRIVE early childhood grant program with a designated role to recruit and advise current and future STRIVE scholars that wish to enhance their educational credentials in order to serve in a Mecklenburg County Pre-K program. This full-time position is funded through a partnership between Central Piedmont, the Foundation for the Carolinas, and Mecklenburg County.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Recruitment Project Manager in creating and implementing information sessions and one on-one meetings designed to generate interest in and applications to the STRIVE scholarship program.
2. Conducts recruitment for STRIVE and the ECE program at child care centers, especially those that have or have applied for Meck Pre-K classrooms.
3. Attends events, open houses, and other community events to promote STRIVE and the ECE program as designated
4. Assists students’ in preparing applications for the STRIVE scholarship, participates in communicating with students regarding their awarding of the scholarship, and supports the Recruitment Project Manager in re-certifying current STRIVE scholars at the end of each academic year.
5. Serves as an academic coach to assigned STRIVE scholars, working closely with students to plan for success through academic planning and monitoring of progress
6. Shares the responsibility (with the Recruitment Project Manager) of coordinating STRIVE scholars access and exposure to learning support resources including: tutorial services, books, technology, childcare and transportation support
7. Submits regular status reports to Recruitment Project Manager and assists with data tracking as needed.
8. Assists faculty on special planning and working committees that support the College’s Mission and Values and increase student success
9. Serves as a contributor in early childhood professional organizations and the larger Mecklenburg community to share STRIVE's mission, recruiting efforts, and Scholars' successes.
10. Creates professional development series to support students’ success.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
• Knowledge of Early Childhood programs and licensing requirements Knowledge of Mecklenburg County's Pre-K Program and upward mobility goals Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques • Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and meet multiple deadlines Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database management software
• Knowledge of budgeting and basic accounting principles
• Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds
Typical office environment
How to Apply
Job Post Contact