Dillingham Campus (Burlington)
Closes: Thursday, July 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Computer skills need to create tracking reports in Google Suites
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access
- Experience working with community agencies and nonprofits to address student needs
- Experience working with low income students who struggle with a variety of barriers
Education and experience:
Four year degree in social work or human services preferred. MSW is a plus.
1-2 years experience, recruiting and addressing barriers in an educational setting.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Academic and Career Readiness is an adult literacy program that offers free classes for those seeking to strengthen English language skills, reading, writing, math, digital, and career readiness skills in order to obtain a high school diploma, citizenship, and or be able to transition to continuing education or college programs.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
We are seeking a part-time person to:
- Recruit students for all program areas
- Provide resource referrals and light counseling
- Transition to programs within our college ex. pre-apprentice programs, integrated education programing, Basic Skills Plus, Career Pathways, two year college programs
- Provides tracking and reporting of efforts
How to Apply
This is a flexible 20-25 hour position. We are seeking someone who can work mostly days M-TH with one evening a week. This person must be available for occasional weekend events. Office is located at the Dillingham Center but will need flexibility to also work on the main campus and at community sites when needed.