Closes: Sunday, January 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
- Previous experience in recruiting and mentoring/advising.
- General knowledge of community college operations.
Knowledge, specialized skills and abilities:
- Ability to coordinate administrative and leadership functions.
- Demonstrate ability to work with various constituencies of the college community and a diversified population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work with social media and other forms of technology.
- Proficient communication skills, verbal and written.
Recruit new students for College programs in accordance with the mission, goals, and policies of the College. Plan, coordinate, organize and provide a variety of student services and information on College programs. Primary duties and responsibilities include marketing and advertising College educational opportunities at venues frequented by the target market and provide assistance and advice to prospective students regarding the College’s application process, deadlines, and information on programs of study and requirements. Provide leadership for the development, coordination, and implementation of College recruiting initiatives and advising activities related to College transfer and vocational/technical education. In addition, this position will oversee student mentoring programs designed to provide intense mentoring and support to targeted populations.
- Promote the College to high school students and personnel (principals, counselors, teachers, etc.) to explain benefits of programs.
- Participate in classroom visitations and other special events to explain programs to prospective students.
- Provide information regarding admission requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents/families via phone, mail, and in-person/online visits; follow up with a phone call or email/letter.
- Develop and maintain relationships with schools in the College service area including Hertford, Bertie, and Northampton County Schools (counselors, teachers, Career and Technical Education coordinators, Early College, and Career and College Promise).
- Provide follow-up reports regarding recruitment activities and future plans.
- Work with admission staff to coordinate assigned activities and with the implementation of special projects.
- Develop recruitment plans for academic programs in collaboration with faculty.
- Provide campus-wide support during registration, special events, and campus tours.
- Plan and implement monthly college information sessions.
- Serve as the College liaison at educational fairs and with local businesses.
- Assist new students with the enrollment process which includes advising, registration, and career planning.
- Serve as a consultant to internal departments with recruitment training and new student enrollment training via information sessions, committees, and professional development opportunities.
- Facilitate planning, organizing, and implementation of special events and assist the Marketing Committee as needed.
- Assist with the development and implementation of various interventions to assist students with removing barriers to completion.
- Provide integrated and targeted support and interventions for student success.
- Plan, coordinate, and organize mentoring activities for targeted populations.
- Aid student’s progress through programs by connecting with campus resources, decision making strategies and processes to succeed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Services and/or the College President.