Closes: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- BA/BS Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or Child and Family Relations
- Minimum 3 years Infant/Toddler classroom management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work occasional irregular hours
- Valid driver’s license. Willingness to travel within a seven county area (Bladen, Columbus, Brunswick, New Hanover, Pender, Duplin and Sampson counties) of Southeastern NorthCarolina, to conduct training and provide on-site technical assistance consultation
- Develop and conduct training as determined by project requirements and needs
- Meet monthly goals for conducting on-site technical assistance consultations
- Collaboration with community partners and individual specialist
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Commitment to the community college “open door” philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept
- MA/MS Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or Child and Family Relations
- 10 years classroom management experience
- To help child care providers, families and community partners by improving the quality and increasing the availability of licensed Infant/Toddler care.
- To provide technical assistance consultation to child care programs, with a goal to help programs achieve licensure or increase current licensure level to 3-5 star with NC Division of Child Development Star Rated License System.
- Develop and conduct required trainings under direction of NC Infant/Toddler Project.
- Technical assistance and training will be conducted within a 7 county area, covering Columbus, Bladen, Brunswick, New Hanover, Pender, Duplin and Sampson counties.
How to Apply
Grant funded position. Employment beyond the end of the grant is contingent upon continuation in funding.
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience and labor market. This position is to be filled by September 3, 2019.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00 p.m. on July 26, 2019. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P. O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact