Closes: Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with 2 years relevant experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
NC Notary Public certification preferred.
Responsible for serving as the initial contact and representative for Continuing Education. Must be cordial, cooperative, and neat in appearance at all times.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned by the Vice President of Corporate and Economic Development and Dean of Continuing Education.
- Prepare and maintain changes to the Continuing Education
- Schedule booklet each semester including compiling, designing, and proofing class data.
- Responsible for pre-registration of Continuing Education classes.
- Register, collect, verify and forward monies collected during registration to the Business Office.
- Maintain the Continuing Education weekly and weekend class schedule through the Google calendar.
- Inform the switchboard of all locations for activities scheduled by the department.
- Contact students if class is cancelled, document roster and
- Forward refund forms to the business office.
- Maintain vacation/sick time records.
- Maintain front desk forms printed including but not limited to registration forms, campus maps, TABE Test Referral forms, fax cover sheets, and class supplies list.
- Coordinate continuing education night duty work schedule.
- Maintain inventory for department office supplies and order when needed.
- Coordinate departmental functions and meetings.
- Review and revise annually the continuing education information for college catalog, student activity calendar, and college calendar.
- Create and maintain class files from Continuing Education Schedule booklet.
- Send Departmental emails when a class is full, canceled and/or when changes occur.
- Maintain lists of student names/numbers for when classes are added or advertised.
- Distribute departmental mail.
- Input requisition in E-Procurement System.
- Screen applicants for Single Stop.
- Notarize student forms for College and Career Readiness, Business Office and HR Forms for employees.
- Shred credit card payment numbers and student information when no longer needed.
- Reserve rooms in google calendar.
- Input company sponsorships and student registrations and post payments.
- Revise class information sheets and continuing education forms.
- Keep instructor employment application packets available.
- Maintain copier, fax, printer machines with paper and toner and empty shredder.
- Process student scholarship paperwork and notify students if approved or denied and coordinate photos, etc.
- Maintain spreadsheet and report student scholarship information to financial aid office.
- Take minutes for Continuing Education Staff meetings.
- Mail Continuing Education schedule/class information requested by the public.
- Maintain the Continuing Education Bulletin Board.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by Nash Community College.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of Nash Community College.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
Job Post Contact
All applicants must complete a Nash Community College Employment Application and submit it along with, where applicable, college transcripts to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 7488
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Fax number: 252-451-8201
Submit via email to email@example.com