Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue, Asheboro, NC 27205
Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field or an Associate’s degree in a computer related field with two years’ system administration experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
- Two years Microsoft Server administration experience.
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Professional
- Experience with Hyland Document Imaging.
- Experience UNIX/Solaris.
- Experience with hardware maintenance and repair..
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP system administration Experience with Ellucian products, WebAdvisor, Student Self Service, E-Commerce, Colleague Mobile, UniData, and Colleague Studio.
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Information Technology Services, the Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining operating systems for mission critical servers for the college. The Systems Administrator administers the college’s enterprise resource planning system and serves as the technical contact for colleague-related applications.
- Administer the college's ERP system by managing user's accounts, performing locally approved programming – including installing patches, maintaining and troubleshooting printing issues, addressing hardware issues and maintaining the operating system.
- Serve as a primary support/contact for the colleague student curriculum (CU) and financial aid (FA) modules, which includes assisting with implementing colleague-related modules, providing assistance with advance troubleshooting issues, maintaining web services linked to these modules, and Informer support for these modules.
- Administer the Colleague online system by performing any hardware and software upgrades, addressing configuration issues, and troubleshooting any hardware and/or software issues.
- Serve as the technical resource for additional Colleague-related applications, such as Residency Determination Status (RDS), docusign, etranscripts, and mobile.
- Serve as the primary backup for FALink, the bookstore integration software module with Colleague Financial Aid module, college’s ERP system, and TutorTrac.
- Work closely with the Colleague Data Owners to create and/or modify security classes and user authorization forms.
- Assist the Director of Information Technology Services with researching and implementing emerging technology.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff with the procurement of computer hardware and software.
- Assist with semi-annual updates for the Computer Services’ Operating Manual and the on-going updating of all server operating manuals.
- Conduct end user training as needed.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205