Closes: Monday, June 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preference given to candidates with a degree in English, communications, or a related field and one to two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Candidates should have excellent writing and analysis skills. In addition, s/he must know the Microsoft Office Suite and be comfortable using a variety of Excel functions.
- Candidates must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, and work in a team environment.
- Prefer experience with higher education accrediting bodies, community colleges, and Datatel (Colleague).
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a Research and Assessment Analyst in the Office of Planning and Research. The Research and Assessment Analyst supports the planning and institutional effectiveness functions related to planning, assessment, evaluation, and accreditation. In addition, the Research and Assessment Analyst will use Informer queries to obtain data and will employ a variety of Microsoft Excel functions to create reports using raw data. The Research and Assessment Analyst is responsible for managing the annual assessment process, administering surveys, acquiring data, and editing institutional documents.
Reporting to the Dean of Planning and Research, the Research and Assessment Analyst provides support to campus units (instructional and non-instructional) throughout the college planning cycle.
- Manages the annual outcomes assessment process.
- Works with campus departments to review, evaluate, write, and complete annual outcomes assessment, including learning outcomes, program outcomes, and administrative outcomes.
- Designs and conducts training sessions to enhance understanding of program outcomes.
- Helps Dean of Planning and Research maintain records and reporting for regional accreditation (SACSCOC).
- Conducts research related to potential future programs of study at the College.
- Assists department leaders throughout the annual program review process by providing relevant data and assisting with documentation.
- Administers surveys and summarizes survey data for internal and external stakeholders.
- Arranges and helps facilitate the details of all annual planning meetings.
- Uses standard Informer queries to obtain data from the College’s database to support the assessment, evaluation, planning, and reporting functions.
- Assists with acquiring data, authoring, and editing institutional documents such as Campus-Wide Outcomes, and each of the Colleges Strategic Planning documents.
- Employs a variety of Microsoft Excel functions to create reports using raw data.
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of all institutional and system data.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. Applications will be accepted until June 24, 2019. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.