Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
- Three years of experience working with administrative systems required.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to navigate multiple administrative functions in Datatel Colleague.
- Demonstrated competencies through internal testing required.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 9/10/21
Provide curriculum research and administrative support for the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Examine curriculum programs and program information in Datatel Colleague, diagnose trouble areas, and investigate methods to improve efficiency and ensure smoother student registration for curriculum programs
2. Navigate multiple high security administrative functions in Datatel Colleague.
3. Collect, organize, and synthesize information to ensure SACSCOC compliance.
4. Pull and format program data and perform preliminary analysis for quality/compliance.
5. Consult with and guide internal college personnel on implementation of quality and compliance issues. Correspond with other educational agencies regarding quality and compliance issues.
6. Manage prerequisite waiver process.
7. Manage faculty credential rosters. Collect faculty load information, format information in spreadsheets, and perform preliminary analysis of information.
8. Oversee academic catalog and academic information on the Web page and ensure curriculum information complies with the administrative system and with State regulations.
9. Coordinate and document faculty development activities.
10. Provide Datatel backup for Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
11. Work with Administrative Assistant to Vice President for Academic Affairs to ensure submitted curriculum changes meet state standards before submitting to College Curriculum Committee, submit approved changes to NCCCS, copy and disperse after approval received from NCCCS, input changes into master schedule.
12. Input and maintain master college semester class schedule including additions and deletions as well as changes needed during registration and the remainder of the semester.
13. Assist with managing academic and classroom scheduling per course offerings using available software and systems.
14. Perform a variety of administrative duties including processing, reviewing, sorting, and distributing incoming mail, correspondence, faxes, and email. Other administrative duties include copying, faxing, mailing, filing, answering and processing telephone calls and voicemails, preparing and/or composing memorandums, letters, and forms, maintaining manual and electronic calendars, scheduling and planning meetings, and preparing meeting agendas and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
15. Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact