1042 W Hamlet Ave, Hamlet, NC 28345. RCC Service Locations
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, March 8, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience: . Three to five years of demonstrated experience in residential wiring required. The willingness and ability to teach inmates required.
Certificate or degree in field of instruction preferred. Ability to effectively teach inmates. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
General Description of the Position:
The Occupational Extension Instructor, under the direction of the Dean of CCR and Immured Programs and the authority of the Vice President for Instruction and in cooperation with Morrison Correctional Institution’s programs and custody departments, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned continuing education area.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Teach students effectively in the area of residential wiring.
- Administer proficiency examinations and stay abreast of student’s classroom needs.
- Assist in the continual evaluation of the curriculum, developing course outlines, teaching outlines, and course descriptions as required.
- Maintain a current course outline file in the Workforce and Economic Development office.
- Recommend textbooks, materials, supplies, and equipment needed to support the program.
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete records as required by the Workforce and Economic Development or Business Office.
- Adhere to the schedule as defined in the employment and class contracts.
- Attend and participate in staff and committee meetings.
- Keep College administration informed of matters pertaining to his/her programs.
- Abide by all of the directives set forth in the formal agreement between Richmond Community College and Morrison Correctional Institution.
- Complete all mandatory DPS training and maintain the ability to work within a DPS facility by insuring compliance with all NCDPS policy and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
- Methods to submit an application:
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- To apply: the RCC Application and copies of college transcripts must be received to be considered for the position. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.