Central Campus, Elizabeth Building
Closes: Monday, July 26, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years’ experience in the following skills: Risk Management, Claims Management, Contract Management, Insurance, Project Management, Finance and Accounting. In-depth knowledge of Insurance Management principles, expertise in commercial law for contracts including areas of Indemnification, Limitation of Liability, Intellectual Property, warranty, etc. Independent review of contracts to assess risks and devise mitigation strategies.
Risk Management Analyst - Strategic Management position available in Enterprise Risk Management Department located on Central Campus, Elizabeth Building.
Anticipated hiring date: August 16, 2021
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours per week: 40 (Exempt)
This position will assist the Executive Director in reviewing and approving all legal contracts and agreements while identifying all risks and developing methods for mitigating risks. The Risk Analyst will also procure and manage Property/Casualty Insurance, including the review of all insurance policies for adequacy and compliance, conducts periodic claims reviews with broker, reviews contracts identifying risks and originates contracts as requested; reviews ARMS and manages the ERM budget providing monthly reconciliation. In addition, the Risk Analyst will support Business Continuity and Emergency Management function ensuring risks identified by the Resilience team are assessed and managed.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contracts Management—oversees the centralized function of managing contracts. Assists in risk identification, risk assessment and risk financing in support of Enterprise Risk Management. Meets with leadership, faculty and staff to identify and assess risk and ensure that they are in alignment and in compliance with CPCC strategic plan Manage the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Budget including assisting with Budget Prep, creating BOs, paying invoices and monthly reconciliation of lines of coverage expenses to budget. Conducts risk assessments for the annual insurance renewal. Conducts annual inspections at all CPCC facilities reporting findings prior to property renewal.
2. Claims Management---Reviews and analyzes ARMS Report daily ensuring claims are identified and reported timely to insurance carriers. Monthly analysis of Loss Runs keeping abreast of issues for timely resolution of claims. Leads the quarterly Claims Reviews with Broker and underwriter. Monitors Employer Modification Rate (EMR) for compliance—not to exceed 1%.Provides input to HR for Workers’ Compensation Claims and follow up with Claims Administrator. Provides data to safety on claims involving safety issues.
3. Web Master for ERM – Assists in creating and monitoring the Enterprise Risk Management webpage for Insurance and Risk Compliance. Responsibilities include reviewing and creating processes supporting the various ERM functions.i.e. Student Accident Insurance, MRV Request, Property Insured Schedules, Professional Liability Dockets, etc.
4. Automobile Liability—Develops inventory of all autos to be covered/removed under Policy. Works with facilities, Controller and Foundation ensuring all vehicles are inventoried. Provides Insurance ID Cards through interfacing with Broker. Interfaces with Controller ensuring autos are included in All Assets Schedule. Provides safe keeping of titles.
a. Manages the Request for Use of College Automobile Process – MVRs- Receives, reviews request for accuracy, interfaces with requestor’s supervision, submit request to insurance carrier to validate three year driving history, receives response and notifies Facilities and supervisor
5. Certificates of Insurance – interfaces with internal and external customers determining appropriate limits and levels of coverage. Creates database for both issuance and receipts. Keeps current through daily monitoring of Policy Expiration Dates – Provides COI access to Procurement, Facilities, and Health Sciences.
6. Business Continuity and Emergency Management – Assists Enterprise Risk Management with Business Continuity and Emergency Management activities as needed including developing and documenting processes and procedures ensuring all risks are identified and mitigation plans are compliant.
7. Participates in meetings to broaden risk knowledge, attend seminars and training on risk to assist management in identifying, assessing and managing risks.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Ability to conduct risk assessments, conduct business impact analyses, analyze and approve contracts on behalf of ERM
* Creative thinking with in-depth analytical and problem solving abilities
* Familiarity with SharePoint, business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency management techniques
* Ability to review contract and negotiate on behalf of CPCC
* Ability to work with outside counsel to resolve issues
* Ability to exercise judgment in assessing risk
* Excellent communication skills and computer skills
* Ability to interface with internal and external partners to carry out duties and achieve goals as assigned
* Capable of staying abreast of State Regulations for MVRs
How to Apply
Job Post Contact