Closes: Friday, January 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in a relevant administrative field.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- A minimum of two years’ office work experience.
Experience with records management and data entry; good analytical and organizational skills including ability to work within deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and show attention to detail; ability to communicate effectively; strong listening, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
The SAGE Program Administrative Assistant is a 12-month, full-time position in SAGE, a federally funded Student Support Services (SSS) TRIO program that provides academic support services to first-generation, low-income students and students with disabilities. The SAGE Administrative Assistant is responsible for all program administrative tasks, including database and records management. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of SAGE/Student Support Services (SSS). The position requires occasional nights and weekends.
• Collect, prepare, and provide student applications for decisions by the SSS Director.
• Assist SSS staff with projects aimed at meeting program objectives.
• Manage collection of laptop computers, calculators, and textbooks made available to program participants and tutors through the lending programs; update and maintain contracts for loaned items.
• Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
• Establish and maintain databases including participant, tutoring, and other administratively related databases.
• Prepare statistical reports on enrollment, services, budget expenditures, and SSS participant program evaluations.
• Compile, assimilate, and organize student information and securely maintain student records.
• Maintain departmental budget reports in collaboration with SSS Director and the Grants Accounting Specialist; create and maintain all SSS digital and hard copy files.
• Assist in preparation of tutor payroll and maintain tutor personnel files.
• Prepare staff travel requisitions and purchase orders; work with staff to complete purchases for the program.
• Communicate with students, often as students’ initial contact; elevate student concerns to other staff members as needed.
• Other related duties, training, and development as required by supervisor
How to Apply
Job Post Contact