201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Friday, August 4, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED/HSE required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years’ clerical experience in a business or educational setting with extensive public contact and accurate recordkeeping required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required.
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated clerical competencies through internal testing required.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Relevant associate degree from a regionally accredited college preferred.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.
- Strong cross-cultural skills and fluency in Spanish preferred.
Open Until Filled-
Provide a variety of administrative, secretarial, and support services for Admissions Student Success and Retention (counseling services), Financial Aid, Student Life, Academic Advising Centers, and Registration and Records, and assist prospects and students for those respective areas. Must be detail-oriented, have great organizational skills, possess ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure, and provide excellent customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College, including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing challenging situations and issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives.
- Provide a high level of service to prospects, students, and customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Participate in cross-training to assist in other Student Affairs areas and functions as needed.
- Be informed and knowledgeable regarding student information needs from multiple offices, including curriculum registration and records, continuing education registration and records, new student advising, returning student advising, admissions, health admissions, financial aid, veterans affairs, student government association, student conduct, Vice President’s office, TRiO - SSS, and placement testing.
- Provide information to prospects, students, faculty, and staff through personal contact, phone calls, e-mails, or letters.
- Greet and assist prospects and students in person or via phone by routing to the appropriate department, taking messages, answering questions, and finding solutions to student concerns.
- Assist new and current students in completing admissions, financial aid, curriculum and continuing education registrations, orientation, and testing processes. Handle student matters and emergencies in a confidential manner.
- Keep Information Desk fully stocked with necessary handouts, brochures, maps, calendars, etc.
- Enter data, when needed, for all areas of Student Affairs. Assist with document imaging of student files as needed.
- Complete help desk tickets for technical or repair issues as needed for the 2nd Floor Myers Center.
- Evening and weekend work hours will vary depending on College needs, registration, and special events.
- Serve as backup administrative assistant to the Vice President when administrative assistant is away from their desk. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions/or the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Demonstrate professionalism through collaboration, collegiality, and outstanding customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and/or the Vice President for Student Affairs.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact