Closes: Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED; certification as a Division of Criminal Information computer operator or the ability to achieve the certification within 45 days of employment.
Some positions may require Basic Tele communicator Certification in accordance with the provisions of the NC Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission or the ability to achieve within one year of employment
Security dispatcher will perform a variety of specialized support duties within the Security Communication Center.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Dispatches law enforcement and other emergency resources, initiates notifications by established procedures and document activities.
2. Dispatcher must remain cognizant of pending calls and priorities, and be aware of the status and location of on-duty personnel at all times.
3. Monitors activities on campus by reviewing the College’s closed circuit camera system and receiving notifications from the emergency notification kiosks, answers emergency and non-emergency calls, assesses the nature of emergencies to identify other services required and
initiate appropriate response protocols as defined by accepted standards and policies for service originating from campus.
4. Determines prioritization of calls when necessary and ensures the proper response is initiated.
5. Maintains accurate daily logs of all Police & Public Safety Department related response activities to include incoming calls for service, alarm activations, emergency phone activations and routine system testing.
6. Maintains knowledge of all communications equipment and the skills in operation of such including Motorola and two-way radio systems, Emergency and non-emergency phones, Closed Circuit Television Monitoring equipment and its maintenance and operation.
7. Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and makes timely and appropriate notifications of system issues and submits repair work orders as necessary.
8. Assists in maintaining the Security Services Record Management Systems files and providing public access to reports when requested.
9. Assists in managing the colleges’ access control system including managing computerized information, room scheduling and access card issuance.
10. Assists in managing College Security Property functions, which includes evidentiary storage and Found Property intake and release to owners.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Ability to speak concisely and distinctly
Ability to efficiently receive and transmit messages while working under pressure
Ability to adapt and deal with change and ambiguity
Ability to observe and recall names, places and incidents, read and understand laws, ordinances, departmental rules and procedures
Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
Ability to relate to others in a calm, tactful and courteous manner; ability to solve problems ad identify solutions
Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
Works well with individuals at all levels of the organization
Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area
How to Apply
Job Post Contact