Closes: Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED
Provide physical security services for the protection of their assigned site.
The Security Officer will:
- Ensure college property is protected against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry.
- Observe unauthorized persons in and around buildings.
- Maintain strict procedures and adhere to post orders at assigned site to prevent compromising the security of the buildings.
- Operate closed circuit television system (CCTV) to maintain surveillance and operation of cameras and recording devices.
- Communicate clearly and professionally via mobile radio units.
- Conduct patrols of site/campus to protect against theft, safety hazards and vandalism.
- Answer questions and direct visitors to the appropriate college section.
- Employee may be required to escort college employees and visitors to their vehicle.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.