Closes: Friday, September 22, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Basic Law Enforcement Certification
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the area of Law Enforcement
- Candidate must be sworn officer.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
Delivers safety and security services which includes the implementation and administration of programs that assist the campus community in maintaining order, and/or improving the personal safety of the students, faculty, staff, guests and property of the College. This position would also assist the director of security in the directing and preparing of plans for all operation emergency support functions of the College and its operating divisions. This position would assist in all emergency preparedness and improvement of preventive safety measures. This officer shall be supervised directly by the security director of Stanly Community College.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to stand upright and walk for a minimum of 6 hours per workday.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to run in short distances to address emergencies
- Maintain a valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Participate in programs that expand the College’s capacity to prevent, respond to, mitigate, contain and recover from emergencies;
- Assist in training programs for all employees, both full time & part time;
- Be available to assist emergency response in conformance with National Incident Management System (NIMS), local/state/federal regulations, and other preparedness skill sets and competencies;
- Be aware and utilize a NIMS compliant incident command structures to support College Emergency Response Plan implementation, coordinating with outside response agencies.
- Attend and conduct planning of and emergency response activities, including periodic drills, with standing policy College wide;
- Be an active member of the College safety committee;
- Investigate all accidents and injuries occurring on the College property;
- Serve as a source of information to College employees in matters relating to safety and security;
- Provide effective safety and security instruction and transmit safety information to the College employees;
- Provide vision, leadership, and direction to faculty, staff, students, and community with regards to safety and emergency planning;
- Make recommendations for facilities, equipment, personnel, and operation needs with regards to safety and emergency planning;
- Make regular patrol rounds and safety checks. Attend to needs of campus.
- Make proper crime reports and attend to calls of assistance by students, faculty, and staff.
- Perform other related duties incidental on the work described herein
How to Apply
Please complete online application at www.stanly.edu/college-information/employment-opportunities.
NOTE: Only candidates that submit all the required documents will be considered. The required documents are resume, cover letter, and transcripts from every college from which a degree has been obtained. Documents should be uploaded during the application process.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001