Closes: Saturday, February 4, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED and 2 yearsof full-time recentlaw enforcement or related experience
Three years' full-time recent law enforcement or related experience
Experience in a patrol or special events environment
Security operations include responding to criminal incidents, emergency medical incidents, hazardous incidents, potentially violent incidents, auto accidents, and others.
This position patrols assigned campus areas and enforces college policies to providea safe environment for students and employees.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs routine security duties in accordance with established Security Department guidelines.
2. Regularly patrols assigned areas to ensure CPCC students and personnel are in a secure environment.
3. Monitor student behavior to ensure a safe learning environment.
4. Warns violators of rule infractions.
5. Enforces college student code of conduct and investigates incidents when necessary.
6. Assists Campus Assistant Director with other related duties.
7. Writes incident reports, conducts interviews involving incidents that occur on campus.
8. Coordinates with ADOCS to assists with shift needs.
9. Assist staff, students and visitors on campus with information or directions to various buildings or campuses.
10. Open classrooms.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge of college policies and procedures
* Knowledge of police procedures and techniques
* Excellent communication skills
Light physical effortrequired involving stooping and bending; individual has limited discretion about walking, standing, etc.; occasional lifting of lightweight objects(up to 25 pounds). Occasional minor discomforts from exposure to less than optimal temperatures and air conditions. May involve dealing with slightly unpleasant situations, as with occasional exposure to dust, fumes, outsideweather conditions and/or frequent driving of a vehicle.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact