Closes: Friday, December 7, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school completion or equivalent.
- Minimum five years progressive experience in senior recreation programming.
The Senior Activities Director-Dunn Center performs administrative, recreational program and supervisory operation of home delivery meal services and varied recreational activities for senior
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises the daily preparation and home delivery of lunch meals for home bound senior citizens in the community, as well as a variety of recreational, nutritional health and welfare programs.
- Recruits and supervises volunteers to assist in preparing and delivering meals; advertises and engages local residents to encourage volunteer commitment; establishes delivery routes; coordinates volunteers on-site in work assignments.
- Purchases and maintains supplies required for meals and recreation programs; assures food stored at required standard refrigerated or heated health levels; coordinates bulk prepared food delivery with the contractor vendor.
- Enrolls participants in meals and other activities; prepares meal tickets, calendar of events and home deliveries; completes reports required.
- Collaborates with funding agency and Advisory Board on plans, policies, regulations, program evaluation criteria and funding.
- Develops and manages budgets that include federal, state, county, and city funding, plus funds garnered through fundraising projects.
- Contracts instructors to lead senior activities.
- Organizes and coordinates fundraising events in partnership with the CCCC Foundation, Inc.; monitors and approves expenditures.
- Develops center policies and procedures consistent with the College mission in accordance with federal funding regulations, and as informed by Dunn Senior Center Advisory Board and other senior services agencies.
- Coordinates facilities maintenance with the College staff and Site Coordinator.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the application and interpretation of programs and College policies and procedures and in supervising volunteers.
- Plans and provides varied exercise, nutritional and shopping assistance, health and welfare programs, as well as recreational fun activities, i.e. bingo and trips; plans and leads programs and activities and recruits speakers and/or instructors.
- Interprets and publicizes Senior programs and activities hosted at Dunn Center to the public through media and other means.
- Responds to inquiries from the public on planned/scheduled programs and activities, and provides information.
- Assists with Senior State Games.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources