Closes: Sunday, September 25, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field and 2 years of purchasing or contract management experience
High School diploma or GED with 4 years of purchasing or contract management experience
Experience with E-Procurement and Ellucian
Experience with Procurement or Contract Management
1. Interprets, administers, and explains federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines governing procurement activities.
2. Assists with the preparation of specifications for the creation of public solicitations for goods and services for assigned areas.
3. Assists with execution of the bidding process according to federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines.
4. Assists with complex procurements, as required.
5. Assists with evaluation of bids and serves as a liaison between college personnel and bidders.
6. Assists with review and negotiation of contracts to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the state of North Carolina.
7. Maintains bid information and processes procurement transactions through NC E-Procurement and Colleague.
8. Documents and reports system issues within E-Procurement and Colleague systems.
9. Analyzes departmental budgets and provides guidance if budget transfers are needed.
10. Confers with College departments to solve complex problems pertaining to procurement, accounting, budgeting, and general ledger systems.
11. Produces and analyzes reports from the College’s financial system and from the E-Procurement system. Provides information and guidance based on the analysis of the data in the reports.
12. Maintains contract records and files.
13. Maintains the Procurement records and files
14. May handle some aspects of the CPCC Procurement Card (P-Card) and Fuel Card, as needed.
15. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics
Knowledge of College rules, regulations and procedures
Familiarity with the College chart of accounts
Knowledge of federal and state procurement laws, regulations and guidelines
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff, administrators and vendors
Knowledge of budgetary policies, procedures and accounting principles
Ability to make sound judgments and provide sound guidance
Strong computer skills
Strong organizational skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact