Closes: Friday, March 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or related field Certified Public Accountant License will be considered in lieu of a Master's degree
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organizational skills, and self-directed
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel to multiple sites as needed
- Familiarity and appreciation for a comprehensive community college
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Creating and innovating
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with preparing financial statements
- Experience in financial services in a Community College System setting
- Familiarity with the Colleague system
The Dean, Financial & Administrative Services reports to the Vice President, Financial & Administrative Services and performs or causes to be performed maintenance of proper accounting, administrative, and fiscal procedures and records, including:
- Provides leadership for Accounting Services, Payroll Services, Auxiliary Services, and Administrative Services operations.
- Supervises the Director, Operational Accounting, Payroll Services, Coordinator, Internal Control & Special Projects, and other staff as deemed necessary by the Vice President, Financial & Administrative Services.
- Responsible for accounting for and banking of all funds collected by the Business Office, including Cashier, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Payroll, and General Ledger functions.
- Responsible for operations of the Copy Center, Mail Room, Switchboard, Vending and the Storm Cellar (college restaurant).
- Serves as Chief Accountant for the College.
- Prepares year-end financial statements and assists auditors with the annual audit.
- Monitors monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual accounting reports.
- Reviews and monitors contracts between the College and other parties.
- Responds to inquiries from various local, state, federal and outside organizational inquiries.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends improvements to the College's accounting and financial internal control systems and procedures.
- Develops plans and goals, and implements strategies related to functions under direct control.
- Participates in various committees and meetings as a representative of the Financial & Administrative Services division.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which support the purpose and initiatives of the College.