James Sprunt Community College, Kenansville, North Carolina 28349
Closes: Monday, December 17, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Proficiently operate a computer and related software, including MS Office Suite.
Be proactive; anticipate problems, and try to solve them independently, using IFAP and other tools.
Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
Be a team player.
Demonstrate integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, high moral values).
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to show initiative and self-direction as well as communicate professionally across a variety of constituent groups.
Ability to multitask.
Adhere to attendance policies.
NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES UNOFFICIAL COPIES OF YOUR TRANSCRIPT(S) BE SUBMITTED IN ADDITION TO THE APPLICATION IN ORDER TO QUALIFY. TRANSCRIPTS MUST CLEARLY SHOW "DATE AWARDED" OR "DATE CONFERRED" TO BE ACCEPTABLE. PLEASE HAVE THESE DOCUMENTS READY TO UPLOAD WHEN APPLYING.
Required: Associate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Office Administration, Financial Management or related field. Some knowledge of data management systems and processes. Some knowledge of the policies and eligibility requirements related to the provision of financial aid to students.
Required: Some experience in the financial aid office. Some Colleague or related database experience.
Preferred: Considerable knowledge of data management systems and processes. Some knowledge of the policies and eligibility requirements related to the provision of financial aid to students. Bilingual.
Considerable experience working with student records management. Considerable experience in word processing computerized data collection. Some experience in investigating and analyzing information. Some experience in the community college system.
SUMMARY:Responsible for assisting the Financial Aid Director, Administering Scholarships, organization of statistical studies and adhering to guidelines of the college as mandated by Federal and State Regulations. Assistance with completion and submission of required local/state/national reports. Evening and weekend work may be required. Some travel required, including overnight stays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the design of brochures for use by students, parents, and high school personnel to interpret the administration and implication of local, state and federal developments in financial aid.
- Assist in the development and presentation of educational programs and/or workshops related to financial aid.
- Trained in all aspects of Financial Aid to serve as backup to Financial Aid Director and/or Financial Aid/VA Specialist (to include ISIR importing).
- Responsible for verification, awarding financial aid files, and processing of those files.
- Responsible for overseeing the Scholarship Programs at JSCC, including but not limited to NC Reach, NCLTHT, Targeted assistance and Presidential scholars.
- Inform students when they are taking classes outside of their major, using degree audit.
- Serve as back up to Financial Aid Assistant with scanning and assisting with FAFSA's.
- Attend state and federal workshops to stay abreast of new and continuing regulations.
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to position.
- Assist with equipment and software maintenance.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees.