Closes: Friday, March 1, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial training or equivalent.
Three years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience or two years of experience and an Associate’s degree in Office Technology, or related field.
Associate’s degree is preferred.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda, course materials, exams, and statistical charts; compose routine correspondence related to responsibilities assigned.
- Screen office and telephone callers; respond to complaints and requests for information on courses, procedures, systems, and events relating to responsibilities assigned; receive and route mail.
- Establish and maintain computerized spread sheets and data files; run reports on regular and requested basis.
- Compile data for special projects; collect and assemble data and background materials for a variety of reports and meetings.
- Maintain and coordinate calendars and schedules of Department activities, courses, meetings, and events; coordinate and schedule activities with other College departments, the public, and outside agencies.
- Perform general clerical work including filing, scheduling appointments and meetings, and processing reimbursement requests.
- Organize and maintain filing systems; maintain records related to specific area of assignment.
- Assist with registration at centers and other on-campus and off-campus locations.
- Verify time sheets.
- Prepare required documentation for curricular and continued education courses to include: contracts, public service agreements, work orders, audio-visual requests, room requests, and purchase orders for supplies, equipment, and textbooks.
- Prepare brochures, flyers, and handouts for general marketing purposes.
- Prepare class registration materials for records and registration office to include cover sheets, data forms, and group receipts.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining special reports and budget information for external groups, agencies, and organizations.
- Verify and review materials for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer for word processing; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain disc storage and filing as necessary.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Department staff.
- Order and maintain office supplies and maintain related records.
- Correspond and distribute information and files using the College’s networking system.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact