Central Piedmont Levine Campus
Closes: Thursday, September 17, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or Business Administration with concentration in Accounting and 2 years of mid-level accounting experience. A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in other business fields and 5 years of mid-level accounting work experience in accounting may be considered.
Located at Levine Campus, the Sponsored Programs department provides fiscal management for all financial sponsor activity. This includes processes tuition assistance (sponsor) agreements or authorization letters for students’ educational expenses. Handles student accounting, which encompasses tuition and fee payments, while providing high-quality assistance and service to students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
Oversees technical level accounting work including the preparation of financial reports, Sponsored Program records, and analysis of errors within the accounting system.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Researches existing system structures and recommends modifications to improve the reporting process; assists in implementing new Sponsor Programs procedures.
2. Researches and develops Informer reports to enhance the overall Sponsored Program processes and procedures and works to resolve system problems.
3. Maintaining college or Sponsor procedural documents including updates and historical records.
4. Supervises personnel; establishes schedules and assigns tasks; monitors and evaluates staff performance for all part-time employees and work-study employees.
5. Monitors and reviews completed tasks; ensures that any deadlines are met; ensures that any necessary Sponsored system corrections are made.
6. Processes all invoicing of tuition, fees, and bookstore charges for Sponsored Programs. Responsible for sponsored receivables and collections for CCPP and CMS students, Cummins, Employee Dependent sponsors, and other assigned sponsors as needed.
7. Develop and implements a Sponsored training program for staff in the use of information system, spreadsheets, and other financial processing and reporting tools; serves as informational resource to staff; provides technical assistance as needed.
8. Serves as liaison with Sponsor Program department and Information Technology Services on issues relating to Sponsored Programs and FA Link.
9. Advises other departments on sponsor receivable policies and procedures; answers inquiries on complex technical issues in collaboration with Information Technology Services and systems consultants.
10. Assist Director of Sponsored Programs and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
·Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
·Knowledge of and proficiency in using an administrative information system, preferably Datatel Colleague/Ellucian System
·Knowledge of Sponsored Programs including invoicing, collections, and cash receipts
·Ability to exercise good judgment in applying and interpreting policies, procedures and regulations
·Knowledge of Communications Management, and Informer reporting
·Ability to perform financial analysis
·Analytical skills to assess problems and develop resolutions
·Moderate to advanced computer and spreadsheet application skills
·Excellent oral and written communication skills
·Ability to Lead
·Excellent customer service skills
·Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on completion of assignments
·Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact