Main Campus (Dobson)
Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field. Three or more years’ experience in administering Windows Server, Active Directory and related services in an educational environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field. Three or more years’ experience in administering Windows Server, Active Directory and related services in an educational environment. Experience with VMWare virtualization and Veeam Backup and Replication.
The Server Administrator is responsible for configuring and maintaining the College’s server hardware, software and other related systems as assigned. Other responsibilities include analyzing business needs as well as creating and providing tools to improve user processes. The Server Administrator is expected to provide general technical support to end users.
This position will have direct access to confidential information that should not be disclosed directly or indirectly to others for any purpose other than to perform the essential duties of this position.
Shift: Day/Evening/As required to support college systems.
1. Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot server hardware, operating systems and server applications.
2. Maintain VMWare virtualization environment.
3. Assist with provisioning and maintaining servers in AWS Cloud.
4. Manage Active Directory, group policies, ADFS and associated servers.
5. Manage Windows server based network infrastructure services such as DNS and DHCP.
6. Assist with administration of Office 365 email and on premise email servers/relays.
7. Maintain the College’s SharePoint server farm and associated applications.
8. Configure, maintain and troubleshoot server backup solutions.
9. Control access to network file shares and storage.
10. Apply software and operating system patches on a regular maintenance schedule.
11. Perform daily monitoring of server and network equipment.
12. Oversee and manage assigned network and system security.
13. Coordinate with network administrators to control server and application access.
14. Work closely with hardware and software vendors for technical support.
15. Create and maintain system documentation for business continuity.
16. Maintain accurate server hardware inventory.
17. Provide technical support and training to end users.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Post Contact